We will not compromise our environmental values for profit or production. Environmental awareness is the responsibility of every employee at Southern Graphic Systems.
Each employee of Southern Graphic Systems, Inc. is responsible for understanding and controlling the environmental effects of our operations.
- We will comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and permits, and will use more restrictive internal standards where necessary.
- We will not sacrifice environmental performance for production or profit.
- We will audit our operations on a regular basis to identify actions necessary to improve our environmental performance.
- We will utilize appropriate environmental management systems to ensure our performance is sustainable and continuously improving.
- We will work to minimize the environmental impacts of our operations through pollution prevention, waste minimization, and resource efficiency programs.
- We will support environmental programs in our communities.
- We will communicate openly with our employees and the leaders and citizens of our communities about our environmental performance.
The continual improvement of business operations ensures long-term resource availability through environmental, socially sensitive, and transparent performance as it relates to consumers, business partners, and the community. Sustainable packaging strategies are not limited to actual raw materials and other physical consumer products. At Southern Graphic Systems we believe that every member of the Speed-to-Market chain is responsible for the environment. Our environmental awareness initiatives include:
- Making considerable efforts to benchmark and evaluate our processes, materials, and outputs against effective Life Cycle Management models proposed by valued associations such as the Sustainability Packaging Coalition and the Sustainability Packaging Alliance.
- Mapping ourselves and our suppliers. We believe that consumables manufacturers must play a large role in our sustainability efforts. We encourage all of our suppliers to quantify their environmental initiatives and to embrace sustainable processes.
- Utilizing a variety of electronic collaboration and proofing tools that not only increase value to our customers via efficiency gains with their workflows, but also ensure that all stakeholders dramatically reduce the need for paper proofs. This decreases the use of ink or toner and electricity for our printers. Elimination of the transportation of these paper proofs results in a reduction in emissions and less need to create analog outputs like film.
- Working with innovative suppliers in order to assist our clients to develop sustainable packaging.